Today both Reception and Year 5 have been making Easter nests with cornflakes, chocolate and chocolate eggs, to enjoy over the Easter holidays.
Not only did they learn how to work together across the school years to make a tasty treat, but they also learned how to use recipes to make food. Here's a simple recipe you can try at home:
- 225g/8oz plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 50g/2oz butter
- 75g/3oz cornflakes
- 36 mini chocolate eggs
- Line a 12-hole fairy cake tin with paper cases.
- Melt the chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water, (do not let the base of the bowl touch the water). Stir the mixture until smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and gently stir in the cornflakes until all of the cereal is coated in the chocolate.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and press 3 chocolate eggs into the centre of each nest. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour, or until completely set.